I've also googled and researched to see how many caps there are and if there is a working list of circulating ones so I could scratch them off the list as I found them. No such luck....yet. I am going to keep looking. I do know that as of right now 750 caps have existed, but at any given time there are only 100 or so facts in production. I currently have 23 caps, so in theory, I have 77 to go. I'll keep going as long as I find new ones. I really want to find the one about the Chicken Box, they have it framed on the wall of their bar. 'The Life is Good is the Signature Drink at The Chicken Box'. The Life is Good is a drink with vodka, red bull and a bunch of other things, served over ice in a pint glass. That is like my holy grail of caps. Sighhh I really hope I find it someday, otherwise I may be tempted to steal the framed one off the Chicken Box wall. Here's a list of the caps I've found.
-Nantucket is a favorite destination of the home restoration show 'This Old House.'
-The Indian tribe native to Nantucket were the Wampanoags.
-The streets of Nantucket weren't named until 1797.
-Nantucket was initially incorporated not as an island but as a town.
-Nantucket has over 82 miles of beaches.
-Nantucketers are famed for their 'gams', a term for their colorful social conversations.
-Dionis Beach in northern Nantucket was named for Dionis Coffin, an early settler of the island.
-The first Daffodil Weekend ever held on Nantucket was in April, 1974. (Weird fact: I got this cap legit the Monday after the 2010 Daffodil Weekend.)
-Nantucket's Opera House Cup began in 1973 and is among the greatest classic wooden boat regattas in the world.
-There are 44 steps at Steps Beach on Nantucket.
-Nantucket is world-known for its sports fishing of stripers, bluefish, bonito and false albacore.
-By 1900, there were no more Quakers, a once dominant group on Nantucket.
-Harvesting cranberries replaced whaling as Nantucket's major industry in the 1920s.
-Peter Foulger was the interpreter for the 1st settlers of Nantucket and the grandfather of Ben Franklin.
-Using tax-free liquor as an incentive, NH's governor tried to convince Nantucket to join the Granite State is 1977.
-Nantucket does not have any fast-food franchises.
-Nantucketers moving to the mainland in the 18th Century often disassembled their island homes and took them along off island.
-Cisco Brewery's Triple 8 party on Nantucket is always at 8pm on 8/8.
-Wandering around Nantucket is commonly called 'rantum scooting' by the natives.
-Harvesting scallops is a family tradition each fall on Nantucket.
-At one time, Nantucket had seven streets named Atlantic Avenue.
And the two most recent ones I got are very similar:
-On 1/1/2000 the first sunrise in the United states was at Siasconset on Nantucket.
-Many say that the best sunsets on Nantucket can be seen on Madaket Beach.
So, that's my collection right now. Here is a picture of the jar on my bookcase. Point of reference, that picture in the background was taken on the porch of my mom's house. It is me with my niece Cassie, yes the same one who just had her first communion. She can't be more than 2 in this picture, and we are sitting side by side, with her copying my crossed legs looking up at me. It's one of the greatest pictures ever.
And here is my typing facts work station:

Loves it! Will keep my eyes open for chicken box hehe. I think they should have one for me..."Consuelo got engaged on Nantucket!"
ReplyDeleteIf I ever run into a Nantucket Nectar cap I shall save it for you!
ReplyDeleteSuelo! Where on Nantucket did you get engaged?! SO jealous!
ReplyDeleteHa yes, Shelby, if Emma develops a Nantucket Nectars addiction, please think of me!
Oh deveau I drink those all the time I'll save the caps for you..I used to have this cap that was rubber banded to my pencil holder at Excel that said, "The Red Sox will win the World Series..Next Year" and they did :)
ReplyDeleteAren't the caps awesome Lina? Love that they are borderline psychic.
ReplyDeleteHehehe we actually had gone to Cisco earlier in the day and he proposed on the deck of the cottage we rented...Crows Nest, the Nantucket cottages right on the waterfront, soooooooo romantical!
ReplyDeleteI almost asked two people at work for their Nectars caps yesterday, but I wasn't sure how to explain my reasoning.
ReplyDeleteNext time Amy, next time.
Have you ever seen the cap that says something like "summer breeze signifies closing time" for some lounge or restaurant in Nantucket but I lost the cap, does anyone know what it was?
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen that one before, I tried googling it but nothing came up. I will keep an eye out for it though!
ReplyDelete@anonymous april 30, 2011 ... i have seen that one, i cannot for the life of me remember the name of the bar, but it's not summer breeze, but the Frank Sinatra song "Summer Wind" ... hope this helps!
ReplyDeleteTwo more for you:
ReplyDelete-March on Nantucket is affectionately called "Hate Month" after enduring winter on the island.
-Following a 1921 shipwreck, islanders collected coconut oil by the ton off Nantucket's eastern shores and used it to make soap.
After drinking a lot of these, I have found the Chicken Box one. It says "'Life is Good' is a house special at the Chicken Box on Nantucket." I don't know what that means though
ReplyDelete