I have developed a new and somewhat unhealthy obsession with French macarons. No, not to be confused with macaroons, which are typically found in coconut form [bleck to coconut]. I'm talking about the delicious, airy, crunchy and sickenly sweet perfection that is a macaron. I'm not even sure how I stumbled onto these things, it might have been on Gossip Girl when Blair ate boxes and boxes of them after her umpteeth break up with Chuck, or from one of the swanky cocktail parties I accompanied Ratty to, but wherever it was, I'm officially hooked. Too bad they are SUPER expensive. Like $3 a cookie expensive. That's a hard price to swallow when you want to eat a dozen without taking a breath. Plus, they sometimes make my teeth hurt because they're so sweet, so maybe it's a good thing I can't eat a bunch of them.
I did find this awesome book I <3 Macarons [yes the heart is part of the title], by Hisako Ogita where she maps out how to make the perfect cookie. I am pretty sure I've talked about this book on the blog before, but I still don't own it. What a travesty.








Oh those look delicious! $3/cookie is outrageous, but sometimes you just gotta give in no matter the cost!
ReplyDeleteOne of my things to do is to make a french macaroon and I have that book (I think you recommended it to me) in my shopping cart with Amazon right now!
ReplyDelete