One of the many perks of my job is sometimes getting to attend really awesome events. Me and my co-workers are pretty chummy with the department that handles corporate sponsorship and volunteering, so we've been able to nab spots at some pretty awesome events in Boston when our company is a sponsor.
This time around we were able to attend the Kelley for Ellie event at the Boston Harbor Hotel. Kelley Tuthill is a news anchor here in Boston and she is currently in remission from Breast Cancer. She has long supported the Ellie Fund, which I've talked about a few times on the blog, and has hosted this event for the past few years, along with other Channel 5 news anchors.
This event was a fashion show, with the correspondents acting as the runway models, along with both a silent and live auction. I could go into a lot more detail about the event, but let's just jump straight to the point.
Wes Welker.
Oh, hello there. Are you looking directly at me? I think you are. Oh hiiiiii you are SO dreamy. He's also drinking rose'. Seriously how cute is he.
What was I talking about? Oh yes, Wes Welker. Phew, so adorable. He was a special guest and was part of the live auction. No, HE wasn't getting auctioned, he was just there to present the item and congratulate the winner. AND make all the of the girls faint. It worked.
As soon as the live auction was over, people literally rushed the stage. Everyone wanted face time with Welker and I don't blame them. I was at the event with a few coworkers, and while we debated for a bit if we wanted to push through the crowds and try and get a picture with him, we opted that it was just far too chaotic. I did my best to get a shot of him from up close, but instead it just looks like I'm a creepy stalker paparazzi. I'm cool with it if you are.
The event was really fantastic, and obviously for a great cause, but Welker seriously stole the show. Just sign me up for next year, please. And make sure my seat is MUCH closer to the stage.








I love this stuff!! Well your life really I guess! Wes is totes adorbs!
ReplyDelete