So, around this time, about 6 months ago, the Bruins were making a hardcore run for the Stanley Cup - we all know how this turned out....it turned out very well, the won [spoiler alert]. I met up with Ratty in the North End to watch the game together at the Waterfront Cafe [literally we were savoring Ratty's last days as being a NeBo resident, 22 days to go!]
I had planned to drive into the North End, grab a parking spot and walk over to meet Ratty. Now, I am the most amazing parking spot finder on the planet, literally, ON THE PLANET, but I think it has more to do with my stubbornness than actual talent. I refuse to give up, circling street after street, spending sometimes HOURS looking for spots in Boston's most congested neighborhoods. June 8th was one of those few nights that I almost gave up. I had been circling for almost or just over an hour, and was absolutely boiling over with resentment. I could not find a parking spot to save my life, and I ultimately broke down and called Ratty, letting him know that I wouldn't be meeting him at the bar. I was stressed beyond compare and had convinced myself that I had to turn around with my tail between my legs and watch the Bruins game all alone in my bedroom. Could I sound even more pathetic?
JUST as I was regaling Ratty with the sad and dramatic sob story that was my life at that very moment, TA DA! I found parking spot, totally unoccupied, with my name displayed proudly on it with glitter and sequins. Mmmk, the glitter and sequins weren't really there, BUT the excitement level was exactly the same. Like fireworks, or finding $20 in your coat pocket or getting mail. I quickly hung up on Ratty, threw my car in the parking spot and booked it to the bar. I am seriously the luckiest parking spot finder ever!
Good thing I made it to the Waterfront - the Bruins won!
Just get ready, there is going to be an overload of Bruins talk on the blog for the next few weeks. Just like Hansel, they're so hot right now.








haha ... How I have missed your blog posts!!
ReplyDelete