101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, March 5, 2012

62. June 28th, 2011 Picture.

So, if you haven't gotten the memo about this move, let me fill you in on a little secret, we are definitely not taking it easy in the days leading up to July 1st.  I mean, seriously, looking back, I'm not totally sure if I even slept.  I know I am always go go go, but for whatever reason this stretch seems particularly intense.  Don't believe me?

How about a bar crawl through the North End on a Tuesday.  A TUESDAY.


Ratty and I had both wanted to do goodbye bar crawls in our respective neighborhoods, but with our Ithaca trip taking over the weekend prior to the move, we were left with limited options.  Enter: Tuesday Night North End Bar Crawl.  I mean, it IS summer, going into the 4th of July long weekend, so why NOT do a crawl to get this party started?  The plan was to meet on the Fiore roof deck after work, soak up some sun, enjoy a few cocktails, then head off to some of Ratty's old haunts in the neighborhood.

Honestly, what surprised me the most was the amount of people who were ready to get down, I mean seriously down.  We both thought the whole thing would wrap up around 10 or 11pm, but as we were making stops at all the bars, we were picking up more and more people that were ready to party.   Ratty had sent out an itinerary a few days prior, roughly outlining our stops and approximate arrival times and people really followed it!  At every stop there were people waiting for us, ready to celebrate Ratty and his 5 years as a NeBo resident.  I think we were both really impressed at the amount of people who wanted to come out and party with Ratty, either they really like him or had had really tough Mondays and Tuesdays that week.  I'm going with the former.

It probably would have been cool to get some pictures of Ratty at all these bars, like Corner Cafe, Living Room, Waterfront, etc etc etc, but we were too busy having fun.  I hate being that girl that whips out her camera and says 'GET TOGETHER EVERYONE!'  That is so not smooth.  Instead I took about 10 pictures on inanimate objects from around the bars, which I chose not to include.  You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. haha I love finding pictures of nothingness the next morning! I would have appreciated a group shot amy!!!! But love the sound of "The Ratty NeBo send off" :)

    ReplyDelete