101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, November 8, 2010

62. September 13th, 2010 Picture.



I went to clean out my car after work, which is quickly becoming a weekly thing since I live in my car and am constantly acquiring things, like water bottles, Fresca cans, coffee cups, shoes, articles of clothing, etc.  My car trunk is that, times 100.  Currently in my trunk I have a shovel, orange cone (for saving parking spots in Southie), an air mattress, beach chair, cooler, blanket and various other items.  I honestly don’t know what it is like to have an empty trunk.  Maybe the day I bought my car it was empty, but it was filled soon after that.



I’ve heard people say that the way your car trunk is organized directly relates to how you process your thoughts.  I am not too sure if this is credible or not, but if it’s true, my mind is a mess.  I like to think that there some form of organized chaos happening in my car.  I have all these items stored because frankly, you never know when you’ll need it.  The beach chair has come in handy more times that I can count, and you never know when you’ll need an air mattress and blanket.  I like to think of it almost as my emergency kit, like the boy scouts say, always be prepared.  If I need extra shoes, a jacket, an emergency blanket (not to be confused with a poncho, a la Taylor Swift) I am all set.  It does however hinder my ability to drive people around, and actually put other things in my trunk, like a suit case or groceries. Whatever.  If I am ever stranded on the side of the road, I will be able to camp out and survive for at least a week.  

1 comment: