101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, November 8, 2010

62. September 14th, 2010 Picture.

I wanted to take a picture of the actual TV show Parenthood, but got completely sidetracked while watching.  I love this show SO much, it may be my favorite, or at least one of them, and I love it even more because Lorelai Gilmore is on it.  Her real name is Lauren Graham, but she will always be Lorelai to me, always.  Parenthood is a show about a family in Southern California and it basically follows 4 siblings, all of whom are adults, with kids of their own, but still havne't quite managed to grow up.  The show is hilarious and captures the dynamic of close familes perfectly.  The are always giving each other advice, whether or not one wants to actually hear it, and they bicker in the most genuine way I've ever seen.  Each one liner that is uttered is something that has crossed my own mind.  


The writers have such a great way of creating coversations that feel like they came right out of my head.  Little jokes and jabs that are put into words that literally sound as if they could be a direct quote from my own siblings.  I love how they put into words what I love about my own family.  The witty comments, inside jokes, and other things that are difficult to understand unless you've been there.  They make it so easy to feel like you're apart of the story, while keeping you engaged and invested in the characters.  I don't know how they do it.  There is no way to describe the show and do it justice, so I am going to give you all homework.  Watch an episode, and you will be hooked.  And if you aren't, watch the next week's episode and if you STILL aren't convinced it's great, then you probably have no soul and are beyond help.



Yes this is a screen shot of my shows that I record on Tuesday nights, don't judge.  





1 comment:

  1. I have watched every show on this screen except parenthood. Isn't it based after a movie or something?!?! Anyways I will have to watch it but I do have a pretty grueling Tuesday line up!

    ReplyDelete