Whaddya Need is a shop in the North End, directly across the street from Ratty's [old] apartment that is pretty much the coolest thing ever. They basically created a shop that offers services such as snow shoveling, help installing a wireless router, heavy lifting, maid & laundry services, Ikea furniture putting together, installing air conditioners, help moving, etc etc etc. This place is a god-send for us kids in the city! It's such a great idea, a catch all for all those icky things us yuppies can't do. Gentrification at it's finest! 'I don't even OWN a hammer!'
The reason I took this photo, aside from the general awesomeness of the store idea, is because Ratty and I enlisted their services to help us move. We have quite a complex moving sitch, where we need to move Ratty's things out of a 5th floor walk up, then go to my apartment and move out MY stuff, store the truck overnight at my mom's house, then unload all our stuff at our new place the following day. If you think this sounds like a nightmare you are 1,000% right. We needed to move out of our apartments on a Thursday and move into our new place on a Friday, so the availability of friends was seriously lacking. We called up Whaddya Need and asked if they provide people to help with heavy lifting. We didn't need a moving van, so traditional movers were out, just 2 people to help for a few hours on each day. They said they get complex requests like this ALL THE TIME [seriously, who knew?] and would have no problem coordinating our move. I think I'm in love.









Sounds amazing....big strong men moving your stuff!
ReplyDelete