Okayy, so I warned you! I said there would be some hockey all up in this blog, and here it is. This was for game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals and Ratty and I watched the game at McGreevey's in the Back Bay. We got there RIGHT after work, grabbing 2 spots at the bar, and settled in for a long night of hockey watching.
This game was totally intense, the Bruins were down 3-2 in the series, meaning we had to win to stay alive. The bar was on pins and needles, anxious and stressed, hoping that the Bruins season wouldn't end like this. The Bruins needed to WIN. And, Boston totally needed bragging rights to have all 4 sports teams win a world championship in 10 years. NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!
Well, they came out on absolute fire and scored FOUR goals in the first period. FOUR! It was still 4-0 going into the 3rd period and we were feeling pretty confident that there would be a Game 7. And by pretty confident, I mean we knew we we were gonna win!
The bartender became pretty friendly with the people in our corner of the bar, and started giving out free black and gold shots for each Bruins goal. I did not sample one, but Ratty did and said they were pretty good. It was a whole mix of things, including butterscotch, which is something I like on my ice cream but not in my drinks. I am sure that the bartender thought this was a good idea to start off the night, but after the B's got 5 goals - I am pretty sure he regretted it!
The game got a little more intense when the Canucks scored 2 goals in the 3rd period. I think every Boston sports fan will tell you, no matter how big our lead, we will always panic and think our team is about to choke. All it takes is one bad game and we're ruined as fans forever. Luckily the B's scored once more, adding a little padding to their lead and giving us assurance they'd force a Game 7!
I like to write these blogs as if you all have no idea what actually happened. We all know how this series ends, IT ENDS AWESOME.








I LOVE how you write these as if they weren't 7 months ago!!
ReplyDelete