After July 1st (2011, you know, about 6 months ago), I would no longer be a Southie resident, which made me sad and a touch nostalgic. I had a great 5 year run in Southie and in order to do the great neighborhood justice, I had to have one last hurrah. A bar crawl. Obviously.
We started off close to home, having dinner and drinks at Shenanigans, then we slowly made our way up West Broadway, stopping in at various establishments, paying homage to the memories I've been left with while drinking really cheap beer. We made stops at the Black Thorn, Tom English's and L Street before finally ending up at Murphy's Law, my favorite late night spot, which also happens to be within walking distance to my first Southie apartment [I've had 4, fyi]. As you can imagine, all of these spots held special places in my heart, as special a place as a dive bar can hold, so I was really excited to have one more night out with my friends. I made it sound like I was moving across the country rather than 1 mile away, but when you go from being able to throw a rock at Murphy's, L Street & Shenanigans, and also being able to buy a pint glass sized vodka soda for $4, you get nostalgic, what can I say.
My dearest Erin Rowe came to celebrate with me - she moved out of Southie about a year and a half prior, so she was excited to visit all our old haunts.
There was some sort of birthday party going on at L Street, and all I know is that I somehow ended up eating a lot of cake.
Me and my friend Matt.
Paparazzi.
Me & my co-worker Molly.
Ratty had plans to go to the Red Sox game with his dad and brother, so he met up with us later on it the night to close it out at L Street and Murphys. Erin obviously missed him. Fun fact: Erin & Butchie's dog is named Murphy because they MET at Murphy's Law. So cute. Full disclosure: That's my shirt Erin's wearing.
So after we closed down the bars, we went home and ordered Chinese food. It was pretty much the exact blueprint of every Saturday night when I was 22. Good thing I still have Pan Asia saved in my phone!








Aww memories! Love the full disclosure on the shirt thing haha!
ReplyDelete