The best kind of phone calls are the ones where your friend calls, says 'I have free Red Sox tickets for the FRONT row, get dressed & I'll be at your apartment, in a cab, in 5 minutes'. Has anyone else been lucky enough to get a call like this? No? Well, let me tell you, you are missing out on life my friends, because that phone call was the BEST EVER.
I had seriously just walked in the door from work, relatively excited to lay low and get my life organized after a fun-filled weekend, when my phone rang. It was Jen, and her sister had 2 extra tickets to that night's Sox game. They were work tickets, absolutely free, and in the FRONT ROW right behind the visitors batting circle. It took me one beat to think about it and quickly said yes. She told me she'd grab a cab and be at my apartment in 5 minutes. I quickly changed, adding MORE clothes to the piles already on my floor and flew out the door.
We got to Fenway, met up with her sister and brother in law and made our way into Fenway. When I tell you that these seats were spectacular, I mean it. These photos will not do them justice. We were SO CLOSE to the players. So close. It was so awesome.
Ohhh boy this Rizzo kid was all kinds of adorable, even though he played for the other team. Girls were legit cat calling every time he got up in front of us, and he just threw on this uber cute aw shucks face that made girls swoon. I mean, he was so so adorbs but I couldn't really understand why he was getting SO much attention. We did some googling and realized that he was a top prospect in the Red Sox minor league at one point, so he had ties to Boston. He also was diagnosed with cancer when he was a part of the Red Sox organization and they really did a lot to get him through treatment, so it's no surprise that he got a warm welcome at Fenway.
SEE! SO CLOSE!!
Seriously, these seats were amazing and we had the best time! I think the Red Sox won. I'm not even totally sure, I was too blinded by our awesome seats & Padres players warming up in front of us to pay full attention to the game.
WE WERE EVEN ON TV! During the game Jen got a text from her husband Brian; he'd been watching the game and kept an eye out for us in the stands. BOOM. Can you find us?
We're totally famous.










Once again...jealous of your fun and exciting life! Way to go Jen and the H up!
ReplyDelete