101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, November 7, 2011

62. May 25th, 2011 Picture.

Last year Ratty and I escaped the city for a night, heading to Gloucester over Memorial Day weekend.  This year we tried to nab a spot at the same awesome B&B, Blue Shutters, but unfortunately they were all booked up already.  We thought of different cities/towns to visit, looking at Portsmouth, Portland  and a few spots on the North Shore, before finally settling on York, Maine.  I'd be up there many times before, my aunt used to live right on Long Sands, then had a house on Short Sands for a bit before moving out to Wells.  Ratty hadn't been up there in YEARS, so long ago that he could barely remember the town, but he was up for a nice relaxing vacation right across the street from the beach.  

I called around to a few motels that I knew of on Short Sands, my preferred beach location, as it is within walking distance to all the things in the cute little town.  We ended up getting a pretty sweet deal at the Sands by the Sea motel, right across the street from the beach, where we got 3 nights for the price of 2.  We had initially been thinking of leaving early Saturday morning and coming home on Monday, but with the free extra night, we planned on skipping town early and heading up to Maine on Friday after work.

I packed up Thursday night, but left a last minute list of things I needed to throw together before heading to work on Friday.  I can never pack in one fell swoop, I always have things I need to remember, like shower stuff, my blowdryer, make up, toothbrush, retainer, YES I wear a retainer, all the cool kids do.  All that stuff needs to get packed last since I tend to need it the morning I'm leaving.  Putting a list on top of my bag makes me sleep a little better the night before, knowing I'm not going to miss something.

1 comment:

  1. UGH I feel the same way and hahaha I know you wear a retainer and I love it about you!

    ReplyDelete