101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

62. May 26th, 2011 Picture.

I realized that I messed up my postings, skipping straight to my Maine-cation and skipping my Thursday night gala attendance.  How could I skip going to a swanky event I'll never know, but I did.

Since me and my co-workers have become such good friends with our Community Relations department, and have volunteered for lots of events through them, we've been invited to some pretty swanky events, much like the Starry Starry Night Gala for City Year.  


The event has become one of the more successful gala's in Boston, and I think it's pretty safe to say that there were at least 600 people at this event.  They did a program showcasing all the work that City Year had done in the past year, and featured students from schools that participated in the program.  It was really interesting to hear students accounts, and learn more about what the organization does as a whole - here is a description of City Year from their website:  "City Year is an education focused, non profit organization that unites young people of all backgrounds fora  year of full-time service to keep students in school and on track to graduation".

The event was great, so informational yet entertaining, PLUS it featured the best dessert bar on the planet!


I was only able to grab one macaron, but trust me, I wanted to eat 500 of them.  I love macarons.  I want to learn how to make the perfect one.  Maybe I'll try and blog about that next!

We had a great time, and I would have loved to stay until the end of the event [it ran until midnight, which is a touch late for a school night], but most of the guests I knew had to drive home, so we opted to have one more glass of wine and then call it a night.  I needed to rest up for our big weekend away in Maine!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE a good dessert....that cupcake looks aaaamazing! You go to some pretty fabulous events!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what is the chocolate desert? A mousse? Argh I am stuck at work drooling over those deserts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen! It was some sort of chocolate mousse with whipped cream a little twirl. They were all really great, but that macaron was my favorite.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete