101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

62. May 30th, 2011 Picture.

Our last day in Maine was another beautiful day, but since we were cooking from the inside out, all we wanted to do was stay inside where it was nice and cool.  We decided to visit the Stonewall Kitchen shop in York [that's where the main offices are], and then head back to the city and go to the movies.  The idea of being in a movie theater was perfect, dark and cold and you don't have to talk to anyone.  Ahh, so soothing to our sad sunburned selves.

The Stonewall Kitchen store was absolutely amazing.  I wanted to buy each and every product they had on their shelves.  In addition to every type of jam, chutney and pancake mix you could imagine, they also had kitchen accessories, a line of bath/kitchen soaps and a bakery/cafe.  We could have seriously stayed all day, walking around and eating a million little blue cheese mustard samples with pretzel sticks.  I made sure to buy a jar of said mustard, it was unbelievable - go out, right now, and buy it.  I'll wait.

Kidding.  Kind of.  But seriously, try it.  If you like mustard and blue cheese, of course.



Obviously all the 'window' shopping and sampling left us tired and thirsty.  Shopping is hard.


I love love love Black Cherry soda.  Both my mom and Ratty think it tastes like cough syrup, but I think it tastes like rainbows and unicorns, i.e. totally awesome.


So many samples!


We bought a few things, Raspberry and Mimosa Jams, plus the Blue Cheese Mustard, tucking them away for our new apartment.  The time between when Ratty and I decided to move in together and the date we actually DO move in together is 7 months.  Do you know how hard it is to think about our new apartment and not buy anything for it?!  It's REALLY hard, let me tell you.  I've bought just a few things for the new place, but I've opted to buy the majority once we move into the new place.  As if moving wasn't bad enough, moving MORE stuff is worse.  I seriously cannot handle any more stuffs.

After leaving Stonewall we headed towards Boston, stopping at the movies in Danvers to see The Hangover Part II.  By now you all probably know how lackluster it was.  The first one was SO good, the second just failed to deliver.  We should have seen Bridesmaids instead.

Here is Ratty, getting dropped of in the North End with his little box of Salt Water Taffy from Golden Rod.


The perfect end to a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't seen the hangover II because the reviews are not so enticing! Can't wait to see the apartment :)

    ReplyDelete