101 in 1001 Challenge

Friday, December 24, 2010

62. September 24th, 2010 Picture.

September 24th was a Friday night, and Ratty and I decided to do a little something different.  Since it was the 25th anniversary of 'The Breakfast Club', the Coolidge Corner Theater in Brookline was offering a midnight showing.  Ratty and I thought it would be fun to go out to dinner before hand, at a new restaurant The Regale Beagle, and then go see the movie.  It sounded like a pretty low key night, aside from starting a movie at midnight, but I was still excited about it.


Since the movie would be starting pretty late, or really early, depending on how you look at it, we made plans to grab a drink beforehand.  That 'one drink' quickly turned into an invitation to a PR office grand opening cocktail party, where we bumped into some of our friends.  For real, this is what my life is like.  Ratty gets invited to all these fun parties, and suddenly our causal plans are diverted to something swanky.  The party was at the PR company's brand new digs smack in the middle of Harvard Square, so it took little to convince me to go.  It was a pretty fun party, with custom cocktails (I did not try the apple cider martini, I just couldn't get behind it), and lots of passed apps.  One of my sorority sisters, whom I met through the Alumnae Chapter, owns a photobooth company with her husband and they were working the event.  We got to eat, drink and chat all night, which is pretty much the best thing ever.  Once the party started to wind down, Ratty and I headed out to Brookline to go to dinner and see 'The Breakfast Club'.  I am not joking when I say that I am tired just reading this.  


Dinner was fantastic, but it was getting late and we couldn't fully enjoy it because we had to rush to get to the movie.  Ratty and I definitely want to get back to The Regale Beagle, on an night where that is our only plan, so we can really enjoy this new place.  


There weren't a ton of people at the movie, not surprising, but it was really cool to see 'The Breakfast Club' on the big screen.  I've seen it probably a hundred times, although my favoritest brat pack movie is hands down 'Sixteen Candles', swoon Jake Ryan with your sweater vest and your little red sports car, swoon.  Old Navy has a new vintage t-shirt line and there is one with Jake Ryan's face on it, I am so tempted to buy it, but like, where could I possibly wear that?

Anyway, as you can tell from the picture, Ratty and I are looking R-O-U-G-H.  I know for a fact that I fell asleep for 5 minutes during the movie, I missed the part where Molly Ringwald puts her lipstick on sans hands.  When I woke up after 'resting my eyes' I looked over Ratty and he too was out cold.  A few minutes later he woke up and pretended as if nothing happened.  It was still fun and I slept VERY soundly that night!

1 comment: