101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

62. September 25th, 2010 Picture.

 Sept 25th was a Saturday, a nice Indian summer day, and my friend Kelly had invited me and Ratty over for an impromptu BBQ.  I told Kel that I’d bring some dessert, so Ratty and I stopped off at Sweet Tooth bakery in Southie, which has an amazing selection of cupcakes, ranging in flavors from Boston Cream Pie, to Red Velvet and a chocolate ganache dipped one with a fortune cookie on top.  We grabbed some coffees and were on the road. 


I was so excited for this little party, and it would be my first chance to meet the new lil baby!  Sophie was born at the end of August, almost a year to the day of Tom and Kelly's first wedding anniversary.  I'd be dying to visit, but they were still getting accustom to being parents, obviously, and I didn't want to intrude during a quiet Sunday afternoon and disrupt the new balance of their family.  



Once at Kel's, we sat outside in the nice warm weather and chatted.  It was myself, Ratty, Kelly, her husband Tom, their friends Jen and her husband, and our sorority sister Ashlen and her fiance Joe.  It was the first time that we had all been together since Kelly and Tom's wedding, so it was a great change of pace to be relaxing and catching up.  I obviously stole Sophie and held her the entire time.  I really hope no one else wanted a chance, because there was no way I was giving her up!


After taking about 1 million pictures of her sleeping on my lap, I decided that I needed to be in one of them.  Look how teeny she is!  Or was rather, I saw her recently and she has gotten so chubby!  So chubby but so so so so cute.


All the desserts Ratty and I brought.  I didn't realize that Sweet Tooth did the cupcakes for Kel's baby shower.  I was there obviously, but didn't realize they trekked all the way to Southie for the desserts.  They are pretty awesome though, totally worth it in my book.


We pretty much spent the entire day at Kelly and Tom's.  I think we clocked in at 7+ hours.  There were beers, food, college football and lots of baby holding.  I absolutely love holding babies, and I think they really like me too.  Except right after this picture was taken because as I went to burp Princess Soph, she projectile vomited all over me.  Good thing she is so adorable!


Once she was all fed, she got sleepy.  Looking at this picture, I still can't figure out if she looks more like Tom or Kel.  I think that she is the perfect little mix of both.  If you asked either of them though, they would both say she looks exactly like Tom.  I like to give Kel some credit, she did give birth to her, you know.


Ratty doesn't really like holding babies, he is afraid they are going to roll right out of his arms and break somehow.  He has told me that the only time he has held a baby recently was when he was sitting on a couch, surrounded by pillows.  I tried my best to inform him that she most likely wouldn't roll right out of his arms, and if he has any upper body strength at all, he would be able to support her for at least 5 minutes.  He wanted nothing to do with it, and instead just watched me hold her all day.  I did try to give her to him at one point, when he was sitting in the recliner, but that lasted .5 seconds.  After that, he just looked at Soph, see above.

Overall, it was a fantastic day.  I got to see Ashlen, the first time since she got engaged, met the newest little Gamma Phi legacy, hung out with some great friends and enjoyed a pretty spectacular September day.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha Oh Ratty! He must go to the gym to work on the upper body strength!

    She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ratty doesn't really like holding babies, he is afraid they are going to roll right out of his arms and break somehow"

    bahahahahahabhl bch bjbvh jhf

    ReplyDelete