I love the Christmas Tree Shop, but always manage to come home $100 poorer and have absolutely nothing substantial to show for it. I'm totally okay with it though. Where else can you buy framed pictures for $10, pick up a Yankee Candle, and see the largest selection of travel toiletries on the planet - or at least in Somerville, Massachusetts? I could wander up and down the aisles forever, somehow convincing myself that I really do need a complete new set of coffee cups, and that the soup spoons I have just simply won't do. I do have a deep love for all things soup, especially soup spoons, so this is a completely legitimate want. I always come home a set of Amy stickers and a pad of paper that says 'From the Desk of Amy'. Wait, they're only a DOLLAR?! I'll take twelve.
After leaving the Christmas Tree Shop and filling up the car with all our random purchases, Ratty proclaimed to me that he was really great at pushing the cart into the little cart corralling area. This was such a random declaration, but thankfully he was willing to demonstrate. High kick and all. I had never met someone who was as proud of this type of skill before. I had never heard anyone decree that they were 'The Best' at it either. Next time I am obviously going to need to challenge him and see who is really better.
And finally, showing off the 99 gift card. Thanks to Ratty for using it, and thanks to my mom for giving it to him.








This is my favorite post of them all.
ReplyDeletehahahahaha. I LOLd for sure. I have also never heard anyone decree this before! Good for him, I am not sure I am that good!
ReplyDeleteThe beginning of this post sounds like it could be right out of one of the shopaholic books! Good thing the Christmas Tree Shop is the bomb.com and sells things for a dollar!
I have to agree with Devin! Hahahahahahaha!!
ReplyDeleteHilarious!! You gooo Ratty!!
Hi Shelby! You are such a true and faithful friend and one of Amy's greatest fans. I always enjoy reading your comments. I'm glad that you enjoy her blogs as much as I do! My best to you and your beautiful family!
She doesn't even mention that I got the Carriage in the Corral.
ReplyDelete