Lucky me, I received my first spam comment on my blog. I knew this Jason kid wasn't legit. I recently made my blog searchable on Google, so I assume that is how a spammer came across it. Because of this, I am adding a captcha to my comments section. This means, that in order for your comment to be posted, you will need to type in the random selection of numbers and letters, making sure they match the image provided. This is to verify that you are, in fact, human. Most spamming is done by computers, which automatically generate the unwanted messages. By asking a commenter to complete a captcha, Blogspot.com can identify who is real and who isn't.
Sorry for making the commenting section more complicated, but I want to make sure that my readers are safe and aren't bombarded with unwanted links and posts. Thanks for understanding and let me know if you need any help navigating this slightly new process!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment