101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

62. July 1st, 2010 Picture.

So I was back to work last Thursday, back after using all my vacation days, sad.   I enjoyed my time off, but wasn't nearly as productive as I was planning or hoping.  I'm going to run every day!  I am going to paint a piece of furniture, a chair!  I am going to go antiquing!  I am going to go to farmers markets all the time!  I am going to organize my room!  I am going to roast my own garlic and store them in mason jars in my fridge!  Or not.  I did go to the beach almost every day, and just plain ol' relaxed.  It was nice.  We can't all be Martha Stewart now, can we?

Of course, now that I am back to work, I decided that I need to buckle down and do something.  I wanted to run more on my vacation, I've been saying that for a while now, but had yet to follow through.  There was always tomorrow, or Monday, or next week when I have more time, but I always talked myself out of it.  SO, that being said, I decided to hit the gym on Thursday, after my long sabbatical of Pilates.  I belong to a pilates studio and the gym, but end up at pilates far more than Gold's.  I went for the first time in a few months, nervous that when I scanned my ID a red announcement would show up on the computer flashing FAIRWEATHER GYM GO-ER!   Well, it didn't but I still felt ashamed.



I got on the treadmill and ran.  It felt good to run, good to sweat and pound my feet to loud, thumping music.   I need to make an effort to make it there a few times a week.  My pilates studio is busy, and once or twice I haven't been able to get in a class because it's full.  If that happens again, I need to take my pretty little self to the gym and still work out.  I need it.  I complain that my jeans from when I was 18 don't fit anymore (WHAT?  They are cute and I really like them and I look SO skinny in themmmm!).  I should stop complaining and make them fit, right?  Or like, try and make them fit.  Or maybe make the jeans from when I was 21 fit first.  Baby steps.  K, I guess this a start to number 79 too.  Lose 10 pounds.  I guess I should buy a scale so I can see what my starting weight is.  Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. I have never done pilates and I need to try!

    Don't buy a scale I am so against the negativity it send my way, haha!

    ReplyDelete