101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

62. June 30th, 2010 Picture.

So, a few weeks ago, I was ALMOST caught up on blogging.  I spent an entire afternoon in my backyard, typing away in the sweet sunshine.  I sat on my deck, music playing, sipping on lemonade, feet up, blogging away.  I had so much confidence that I was going to get caught up, I WILL GET CAUGHT UP, I said to myself.  Like the Little Engine That Could.  I think I can, I think I can.  I am the best blogger ever!  Look at my determination!  I am so great!  


Let's fast forward 2 weeks and...drumroll...I'm still behind.  This may the most I've been behind in the short little history of my blog.  Just when I think I'm almost there, it slips through my fingers like teeny tiny grains of sand.  Wahhh, poor me.  What about my fans?!  The people NEED me!  Okay enough crying and unnecessary dramatics, let's pick ourselves up by the bootstraps, or Gap cardigan, Starbucks latte and/or Mumford and Sons CD and get crackin'!






I took this cute little picture while sitting on said deck, sipping the aforementioned lemonade, while 'catching up' on writing.  Clearly my determination wasn't as strong as I previously thought, because I sat on the porch for about 20 minutes watching this little fuzzy squirrel eat peanut butter from a jar.  I was fascinated to the point where I actually tweeted about it.  That's right, I shared it, in real time, with complete strangers all over the interweb.  Am I insane?  Like, why did I think this was so great?  Maybe it was the heat, or the fact that I never ever have any food in my apartment and subsequently put together the most malnourishing meals and it is finally affecting my rational thinking and common sense.  I do have a B12 deficiency.  I wonder if that's it.  Better pop a supplement just to be sure.

1 comment:

  1. haha kind of hilarious though, so i don't really blame you! This squirrel is totes binging on PB!

    ReplyDelete