101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, July 19, 2010

62. July 3rd, 2010 Picture.

I spent July 3rd hanging around the North End at Ratty's apartment.  It was a brutally hot day, and I just felt like being lazy.  Ratty ran out to grab some coffee's and food, and came back with a surprise.  Well, I may have requested one.  Every time he leaves his apartment, I ask him to bring me something.  He put his hands behind his back and asked me to pick one.  I obviously got it right on the first try and I was presented with 2 awesome looking cupcakes.  Ratty had stopped off at Lulu's, a bakery next to the coffee shop, and came back with a chocolate and red velvet cupcake.  I love red velvet!  I sped through my coffee and lunch and moved right onto the cupcake.  Ratty warned me that the little plastic stars on the chocolate weren't edible.  When I gave him an unappreciative look, he told me that the sales woman had said that to him, because someone had actually started choking in the store the day before.  For serious?!


They were so good, but so rich.  I made it through half of my red velvet before needed to stop, and if you know me at all, you know that I have a massive sweet tooth, so for me to stop means they were SUPER rich.  After snacking on cupcakes and hanging out that afternoon, we decided to make some drinks and sit on Ratty's roof.  I made some martini's, vodka, chambord, lime juice and topped with ginger beer, basically a moscow mule with a shot of chambord,in a martini glass and not on ice.  So so yummy!  We sat on the roof in camping chairs, feet up, sipping some awesome drinks.




After watching the sunset, waiting patiently for some pre-4th fireworks, which never showed, and listening to a live concert that was taking place at Government Center, we went downstairs and watched my second Christopher Plummer movie, The Insider.  Post to follow.  Someday.  Soon.  Maybe.  Hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. Amy ~ You and Ratty have the unique ability to make the simplest of times into something fun and special.
    Sounds like you both had a great day and evening.

    P.S. It warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm red velvet cupcake sounds DElish!!

    ReplyDelete