I wasn't always like this. When I was in high school I couldn't sit quietly on a beach to save my life. I needed music, a book, someone to entertain me, and even then, I'd be antsy. I didn't know how to sit still. Same goes for when I was little. I needed someone to play with me. I'd scream my brother Eddie's name until he came in the water to play with me, then I'd jump on his back, demand he throw me in the air, and torture him mercilessly. It's amazing he still likes me. Although now my energy is perfect for his little girls, who are just like me and love to run around, so I will let them pig pile on me as long as they want.
Anyway, I guess I've come to appreciate the quiet. Work is stressful, life is stressful, sometimes friends are stressful, so I really like to have some peace and quiet, and the beach is the most perfect place for it. But, before I actually GET to Nantucket and enjoy this stresslessness, I need to pack, which in and of itself is again, stressful. Here you see my empty suitcase, waiting to be filled, but I cannot bring myself to start packing. Where do I begin, what will I bring, what's the weather going to be like? Last year I went to the Vineyard for the 4th of July and I brought 12 outfits! TWELVE! I needed jeans and shorts and skirts and tank tops and a sweatshirt. What if it's windy? Or cold? Or rainy? Or we decide to go out to a nice dinner? What if on the night of that dinner it's cold and rainy? What if it's 90? These are all valid questions I ask myself before packing. I like to be prepared.
So, here I sit, 2 nights before leaving, and nothing is ready. No packing, no laundry, no blogging. God, this post is starting to stress me out. I know I work best under pressure. I can't pack too early because I might need something. Most of my 'getting ready' stuff I can't pack until that morning because I NEED it that morning. To you know, get ready. So, yea. Packing. Naht done.








haha I saw pictures online so I am assuming you eventually packed!
ReplyDelete