So, I started up my computer yesterday to transfer some photos onto my flash drive so I could get some blogging done while work was slow. I turn it on, and BOOM I am faced with a blank white screen. Blank, nada, nothing. I couldn't get it to do one single thing. I internally semi-freaked out and ran to work so I could google the issue. Welp, the first thing that pops up is WHITE SCREEN O' DEATH. Yaaa, basically my hard drive is completely fried. No real idea as to how that happens, it was fine the night before, but sadly, its dead. D-E-D dead.
After work I brought it to Microcenter, in hopes that they'd be able to recover some of my files and install a new hard drive. I was told that as long as the hard drive is spinning, my data could be recovered, and they would transfer it all onto my new hard drive. Okay, so there is hope! I walked out with my fingers crossed, firmly believing that the computer gods at Microcenter would be able to fix it.
Fast forward to today and I get a call from them. Nothing on my hard drive was salvageable. All my stuff, gone. Thankfully, I have an external hard drive and back up most of my stuff. I did this a month or so ago, so anything taken within that time is gone. Buh bye. See ya later. Gone are my pictures from Nantucket, and about 1 weeks worth of 'Pictures of the Day'. I am going to attempt to recover deleted pictures from my camera's memory card, but am not totally sure how well that will work.
I'm sad, but it could have been a lot worse. At least I backed up some stuff, imagine if I lost EVERYTHING? No, I can't. It's depressing. I am picking up my newish, rebuilt computer tonight and will spend the evening trying to salvage what I can. If you happen to know a data recovery specialist that could get my files off my hard drive, let me know. Microcenter said it's about $1,000 to have that done, but if someone needs a side project, please think of me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment