If you read my blog often enough, you know that Ratty gets invited to cool things a lot. Being in PR, he has lots of connections, most of which invite him to all their events, and I get to reap the benefits of have such a well connected boyfriend.
Thursday night Ratty and I went to a styleboston party at the Liberty Hotel, which was complete with a fashion show. styleboston is a local TV show that highlights fashion, media, travel, dining, socializing, sports and design in Boston. I've been to a few parties of theirs before, and they are fun and wildly fancy and I always feel completely underdressed.
The Liberty Hotel is in the old Suffolk Country Jail, and it is probably the coolest hotel in Boston, I love any excuse to go there. There are 2 bars inside, one called Clink and the other called Alibi. They play up their jailhouse history, leaving old cell bars and exposed brick walls throughout the place. The walls are decorated with old mug shots of celebrities and stories about the buildings history line the hallways. It opened a few years ago, to MUCH hype, and it hasn't died down since.
The lobby of the Liberty is 5 stories high, with balconies at each level which used to be the catwalks that the guards would do their rounds on. The fashion show was on the 4th floor and chairs lined both sides creating a runway down the middle. The models came out and walked around the entire balcony to pulsing music, giving everyone a chance to see the outfits. The purpose of the event was to pick the newest correspondent for the show, so there were 3 girls, stationed at various points of the balcony giving play by plays to a camera. The videos were then fed downstairs to a conference room where the judges were sitting. Lenny Clark from 'Rescue Me' was one of the judges, as well as Chris Collins, who hosts a Boston sports show on the Comcast channel. The event was really cool, minus the fact that it was not open bar, the NERVE! I told you, I've gotten completely spoiled from getting invited to glamourous events!
{To give you an idea of what the lobby of the hotel looks like. This was taken off the 4th floor balcony. I told you it was cool!}








Bo has stayed here before and just said it was "cool"...This looks and sounds amazing...again envious!
ReplyDelete