Friday the 19th was one of those crazy chaotic days where I was bouncing around, from here to there, driving all over creation to see LOTS of people. It sounds completely exhausting, and it was, but it was also a total blast and completely worth it in the end.
It started with the fact that I was attending an all day training in Quincy for work. I quickly realized that the office was around the corner from Bill and Tara’s house, and I had YET to meet baby Liam – this was when he was pretty brand new. I had plans Friday night to attend a Tastefully Simple party at my friend Kelly’s house, but that wasn’t until 7:30pm, so it left plenty of time to pop over to Bill and Tara’s after work to get some quality baby holding time! It was so nice to spend time with Tara, who was excited for some adult conversation after staying home with Liam all day. Liam was so teeny and had the most serious expression on his face the entire time I was there. Tara said that he always looks like he is worried about something, and I would definitely say that his furrowed brow made him look as if he were really concerned for our dependancy on foreign oil. I stayed for probably longer than I should have, but Bill came home and House Hunters was DVR’d and there was a BABY so it was really hard to pull myself away.
I jumped in my car and headed to Brockton to Kelly’s party and made it there right as it was beginning. Kelly is my little sister in Gamma Phi, which obviously means I love her a lot. She just had a daughter, little Sophie and I was a bridesmaid in her wedding almost 2 years ago. I love spending time with Kelly, her husband Tom and little Sophie, but I don’t get to see them as much as I would like. I was really excited to spend a nice relaxing evening sampling yummy food, drinking some wine and getting even MORE quality baby time with little Soph and her mommy.
The Tastefully Simple party was really fun, and the food was great, per usual. I picked up a few things to give as Christmas gifts (always planning ahead), and scooted out around 10:30-11pm. I hopped in my car, ONCE AGAIN, and headed into Boston to pop into my friend Kacie’s sisters 21st birthday party. I told you it was a busy night! Kacie and I went to high school together, so I have known her little sister Erin since she was in the 4th grade. I am going to make myself so sound old right now, but I could not believe she was turning 21. I mean, I know she was in college, I know she’s only 6 years younger than me, but still, I couldn’t wrap my head around it. At least I'm not able to say ' I remember the day you were born!' Then I would REALLY be dating myself.
Kacie lives in Ithaca, New York while she goes to law school at Cornell, so I don’t get to see her all that often (I'm sensing a trend of the evening, babies and old friends). She had come down to surprise her sister and I wanted to make sure that I made it to the party to say Happy Birthday and buy Erin a drink. Turns out, I was the first to offer her her first and second waters, yay? It was so awesome to hang out with Kacie, her boyfriend Tom, her sisters and her parents. I practically lived at the Lally household in high school, so it is always nice to see her family. Her parents left soon after I got there (I mean, I admit it was pretty late), but I stuck around for a little while, even venturing downstairs to the dancefloor, which was filled with barely legal college kids, all fist pumping to techno. It wasn’t totally my scene (I was really concerned about my jacket and bag, while everyone else tossed theirs in a corner – that will change with age girls), but it was still a pretty fun time. I headed out a little before 1am to get some serious shut eye. Ratty and I were taking quite the road trip the next morning and I needed to be up bright and early to get on the road.
My photo of the day is a quick shot of my driving through the tunnel to get to my various destinations. I didn’t take one picture at any of the 3 things I went to, as I was too busy having fun, but I think this picture sums up just how crazy/exhausting/fun my night turned out to be!








WHEW!!!!!! Only you Amy could pull off a day/evening like this and love and enjoy every minute of it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great friend you are to all the people that are so important to you. It's amazing that you can incorporate so many things into one evening and in such order! I love you're "baby holding skills" too!!
I am so proud of you and the person you are!
Awww look at that momma lovin'! I am truly agreeing that only you could pull this night off and probably make everyone feel like they were your only plans!!
ReplyDelete