There is another floor to the Garment District that is called Dollar a Pound, which is downstairs. That's right, you go in and fill a garbage bag with clothes and things, and it only costs a dollar a pound. When Eddie was younger, there was no upstairs to the Garment District, so everything was uber cheap. Now, they've gotten smarter, and pick through donations and take the best things for the upstairs portion. While you can still nab some great deals in the DAP section, most things worth buying are upstairs.
Christine told me that she went on my blog and wanted to give me a gift that would help me accomplish one of my goals, how thoughtful is that?! She thought the Garment District would be a great place for me to purchase my 'complete outfit' and I could not agree with her more. I did ask, however, if she thought that shoes needed to be a part of my outfit, she said no. I also agree with her on that one and am happy I don't need to squeeze my foot into a pre-warn pump. That sounds icky.
I haven't had a chance to go shopping yet, so this is just the beginning of my hunt for an entire thrift store outfit. It's a great start though I can't wait to plan a little trip to my favorite city, Cambridge and do one of my other favorite things, SHOP! Also, it's even better because it'll be FREE, yay! I don't think it could get any better than that - Thanks Eddie and Christine!








Oh I can't wait to see the entire outfit you purchase!!
ReplyDelete