101 in 1001 Challenge

Friday, October 1, 2010

62. August 27th, 2010 Picture.

Rue La La is a members only shopping community that flat out rocks.  You need to be invited by a member of Rue La La before you can see their deals or do any shopping.  I joined a few years ago at a shopping event in Boston and have been hooked ever since.  Every day they have different boutiques that vary from designer brands to vacation packages.  Literally, they have everything, I've been tempted more than once to scoop up my dream Kitchenaid Mixer in Buttercream Yellow, but each time have thought for the better, like, where would I put it?  I've bought massages and classes at Exhale Spa, plus adorable discounted shirts and dresses from BCBG and Michael Kors.


August 27th was probably the most exciting day for me to be a Rue La La member, as they offered a boutique on Nantucket hotel packages.  They do this about twice a year, usually in the fall and spring, for the White Elephant hotel.  I always peruse the sales, but usually the dates and rates don't work for me.  This time around, I checked out dates for November, particularly the weekend of Thanksgiving, Friday to Sunday, and the rate was $200, total, for the entire weekend.  This included two $25 gift certificates to the White Elephant Spa, 2 passes to the Whaling Museum, plus 15% off breakfast or lunch at the Brant Point Grille.  Isn't that the most AMAZING deal ever?!  The second I saw it, I called Ratty and asked if he wanted to go.  Because he isn't as much of a valued customer of Rue La La, he gets the daily emails about a half hour after me, so he has absolutely not idea what I was talking about.  I had to patiently spell out the deal for him and ask if he wanted to go.  Once we were both on the same page, he immediately said yes, and I booked the trip!  I LOVE Nantucket and I love that we got this fantastic deal.  I've never been to Nantucket in the fall, borderline winter, and I am excited to see how the feel of the island changes.  I imagine that it will be cooler, but not cold, and the pace will be calm with much less people.  I cannot wait.


Ratty and I are pretty much being uber thrifty when it comes to this trip.  We got the B & B at a discount, and we are on the hunt for similar deals.  Sites like Groupon and Living Social have tailored daily deals, and sometimes they'll have 2 for 1 Steamship Authority tickets to the islands.  I am waiting for that day to come so we can get to Nantucket for a deal too.  There is also a site for Nantucket that just popped up, Townpool, where they offer almost daily deals for different restaurants, shops and amenities.    I got $50 to my favorite store, Belongings, for $25 and actually won $40 to the boutique Nalu for answering a picture trivia question correctly on Townpool's Facebook page.  We are racking up our deals, and fingers crossed, will show up to Nantucket and not really spend any money - everything will be 'free'.




In honor of this great deal, I bought a Nantucket Nectars at lunch and got a new cap!  'The teen classic movie 'One Crazy Summer' takes place on Nantucket.'  Did you know that?!

1 comment:

  1. This site sounds amazing Amy! I think I have heard of it but no clue where or when!

    Jealous of you fall getaway! Yuri and I will be going away for our Anniversary that weekend as well (which is probably why you picked that weekend, to celebrate our anniversary right? haha)!

    ReplyDelete