101 in 1001 Challenge

Friday, October 8, 2010

24. Try Brunch at 25 New Places.

I have tried brunch at two brand new places, and I have to say, they were both awesome.  Both happened to be in the South End, which is quickly becoming my new favorite neighborhood in Boston.  It is filled with coffee shops, sweet little stores and the most amazing restaurants in the city.  The streets are lined with stunning brownstones laden wrought iron fences, and grassy parks placed smack in the middle.   Just walking down the street with a coffee makes me feel amazing.  I think everyone has little snapshots of their life, or what they want their life to be.  I am always walking down a fab street, carrying a latte in a great coat with fab hair and the perfect bag.  I am starting to think that snapshot takes place in the South End.

Now, on to brunch!  Ratty and I made plans one Saturday to grab brunch, then stop off at the SoWa Open Market to do some shopping.  I already blogged about this day, when it turned out that the Open Market wasn't opened on Saturdays and I spent most of the day melting on the side of the street because it was 95 degrees out.  Well, before I almost passed out from heat exhaustion, I was extremely well fed.

We went to Aquitaine, which is famous for an amazing brunch.  I'd been there for dinner before, but had never had breakfast, so it was the perfect spot to start number 24!  I met Ratty there, and he was already at the bar with a beer, reading the paper.  There was a little wait for a table, so I sipped some water, since the walk from my car almost caused heat stroke.  After a few minutes wait, we were seated at a little table, and immediately ordered coffee.  After perusing the menu, we both decided on Eggs Benedict, which seems to always be my brunch go to, because it's AWESOME!  I don't care for canadian bacon, so I sub it out for regular bacon, which adds a little crunch to the eggs and makes it that much better, in my opinion at least.


{This was before my new camera, so please pardon the blurriness.  If taken right now, it would be perfect.  Alas, I didn't have the camera then, so this will have to do!}

When our plates came, we were blown away.  The food was amazing.  This was hands down the best Eggs Benedict I've ever had, and trust me, I've had a lot.  The english muffin was cooked on the griddle so it was nice and crispy and the hollandaise was to die for.  Simply perfect.  


Just looking at this picture makes me want to go back, right now.  My stomach is growling.  I would eat there every weekend if I could, but I need to try 23 more brunch places.  So until I complete number 24, I'm going to have to refrain from repeats, if I can help it.

1 comment:

  1. yummy! I love brunch...remember the good old days of ecc brunch haha yuck!

    ReplyDelete