My cousin Kara is getting married over Columbus Day weekend (which just happens to be next weekend) and on August 29th my mom and I went to her shower. Her shower was at the Dennis Yacht Club down the cape and it was a perfect day for it, minus the blazing heat. We were seated outside on a really cute deck, at tables with umbrellas. Because it was in the middle of the day, the sun was constantly moving and no one could manage to stay in the shade for long, except me, I got the perfect seat, obviously!
We sipped on champagne cocktails and ate mini lobster rolls while enjoying the view and watching Kara open her presents. She got a lot of beautiful things and I will flat out admit I was jealous - I told her as much. I gasped when she opened a Chrome Kitchenaid Mixer, because obviously that's all I want in life, except in Buttercream Yellow. Someday when I have my perfect white kitchen with subway tile back splash and either granite, polished concrete or marble countertops, my Kitchenaid mixer will be brilliantly displayed, next to the decorative bowl of lemons to tie my whole yellow theme together. Until that time comes, I will just live vicariously through other peoples gifts.
{The stunning view from my perfectly placed seat.}
{View of Kara opening all her amazing gifts! Since she lives on the cape, everything was ocean themed. I'd like to just duplicate all her gifts and receive the exact same ones when I get married. Mental note people.}








haha Amy you make me laugh! Please compile all of these picture/explanations and make a book, k thanks!
ReplyDelete