101 in 1001 Challenge

Thursday, October 28, 2010

62. September 8th, 2010 Picture.

I have a really cool last name, like, its really awesome.  I love it, and apparently others do too, because most people refer to me purely as Deveau, skipping Amy completely.  It started in high school, but it gained ground in college.  To this day, a lot of my friends still call me Deveau, and I am sure they always will.  At some point, I shortened Deveau to Devi in terms of email addresses and screen names (remember IMing?  Wow.) and even though I've moved on to gchat, I still get referred to as Devi by a few friends.

A few years ago, a home goods store opened up in the South End called Devi Home.  Devi is actually a Hindu name that means goddess, which is oh so fitting for me, don’t you think?  My friends and I always referred to it as my store, even though I never actually went there.  A few months ago it closed, which saddened me, since I’d been wanting to buy something from there, which could have helped it probably from, you know, not closing.  The sign that hung outside the shop was really awesome, painted a light green with gold lettering that said ‘Devi Home’ with a really pretty flower design along the bottom.  When it closed, I decided that I was going to hatch a plan to steal it, but realized that I needed a ladder and pick up truck to make my plan work, and well, it might not be in the cards.  For a while I thought that this stealth mission might go well under ‘Do 5 Things You’d Normally Say No To’, but then I thought that if I actually did complete this illegal activity, it might not be the greatest idea to go and blog about it.  That definitely didn't keep me from thinking about it though, often.

So, one day, while I was walking by, I took a picture of the real estate contact and thought that  maybe I'd just email him and ask about the signs.  What a novel idea.  I sent him a very nice email, explaining my want and desperate need for the sign, and to my surprise he wrote right back.  And offered me the sign!  He said that he'd like to keep the signs up until he rents the space (who knows when that'll be, but I'm thinking positive thoughts), but they are mine after that.  Yay!!!  Now I just need to find an empty piece of wall in my apartment.  That may be the most difficult part...


After all that build up I bet you were thinking it was a picture of the sign.  I realized that after.  I'll take a picture next time I walk by, or better yet, when it's hanging in my apartment!

1 comment:

  1. Amy thats so cool! I can't wait for you to blog that you have them in your casa!!

    ReplyDelete