While on Nantucket in July, Ratty and I popped into an adorable little store that had lots of adorable things. Totally weird that a cute place would exist on Nantucket, right? They had an entire shelf dedicated to this brand that printed pictures and sweet little sayings on various every day items. I bought myself a laptop decal, that goes right on the top of the laptop that says 'Life is far too short not to have a little umbrella in your drink.' I absolutely loved all the little sayings and decided to pick up a few gifts. While on Nantucket I was missing my friend Erin's birthday party, so I bought her a little book of pink tipped matches that said 'On the day you were born the world had to make room for a little more fancy.' I thought it was so sweet and Erin, of course, LOVED it.
Since that gift was for a particular reason, it doesn't fall into the randomness of this goal, but I did buy my mom a book of matches as well. When I saw it, I knew she had to have it. The store wrapped it up for me and I waited for the perfect moment to give it to her. The following Friday, my mom offered to come and meet me at work for lunch, so I brought along my gift and gave it to her over our bowls of clam chowder at Legals.
{The cute packaging. It doesn't take much to be sweet.}
It may be hard to see, but it says 'The truth is, even if she weren't my Mom, I would go out of my way to be friends with her.' It's true, I love my mom more than anything in the world and I think she is the greatest person I've ever met. Everyone I know loves her, and I am just so lucky to have her as my mom. Even if she weren't my mom, I would most definitely want to be friends with her, but thankfully, she IS my mom, and we are bestest friends.
She loved the gift and put it on display on her hutch in the dining room. It pretty much garners the same reaction every time someone reads it, 'Oh my god that is the sweetest thing ever!' I am totally okay with that reaction, in fact, I encourage it.
One down, four to go!








and. . . . . . . . thankfully, you ARE my daughter ~ my bonus in life ~ my special gift ~ my friend. Thankyou for always being so thoughtful!
ReplyDeleteI can see why Erin loved her gift also! Erin, you ARE fancy!!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!
You and your mom LOVE Legal Seafoods haha!
ReplyDeleteI love the gifts you purchased in Nantucket!!!