101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, October 25, 2010

62. September 5th, 2010 Picture.

Per usual, because so much happened the weekend of Labor Day, I am overwhelmed at the idea of putting it all in writing.  I am going to post a ton of pictures, and just go from there, hopefully I will do this awesome day justice!


I am not lying when I say that this B&B was one of the greatest ever (Cliffside in Scituate, FYI).  The woman who owned it made Ratty and I a VERY special breakfast for his birthday.  While the rest of the guests were sitting in the dining room, talking about ipads (they were all at LEAST 75), Ratty and I were out on the enclosed porch, eating spectacular eggs benedict - it's like she KNEW us!

After packing up our things and grabbing yet another Mary Lou's, we finally made it to the party around 11:30am.  There were people already there, greeting us and ready to party!





{Cousin Tim made this amazing chalk creation.}



{Ron wearing a Royal Air Force helmet my mom bought him.  Ron's initials are R.A.F.}



{Walking by my old family beach house on the way to the parade.  My whole family, cousins and all, got to spend summers there growing up, but sadly the house was sold just a few years before I was born.}



{My cousin Alisons' husband Kevin, walking in the parade with their 3 kids!}



After walking back from the parade, we ate a fabulous spread my Aunt Lisa put together.  We were all so stuffed, until the ice cream truck showed up, and then obviously I needed ice cream.  I literally went running to Ratty and asked for money, like all my nieces and nephew were doing, I'm totally 5 on the inside.



{Cam and Chloe waiting in line for ice cream.}



Ratty's birthday falls smack in the middle of an epic birthday run for my family.  My sister Kate is the 2nd, Ronny is the 4th (they are Irish Twins), Ratty is the 5th and my cousin Annmarie is the 6th.  For the very special occasions my mom made whoopie pies.  I brought them out with star candles and my entire family sang happy birthday to the 3 birthday boys and girl in attendance.  Unfortunately, my sister Kate works on weekends, the life of a nurse, so she wasn't at Labor Day, she was missed!

I passed my camera off to Eddie to grab some great shots and once again he didn't disappoint.  I guess getting a Masters in Photography kinda makes him an expert.













He is so good!  I don't know how he does it, but I am happy to reap the benefits of having a professional awesome picture taker in the family.



As I am sure you all can imagine, when you put 997256834723509845 children together, it gets somewhat out of control.  There was so much screaming and maybe crying but definitely screaming happening, it was really hard for the adults to focus on talking.  And drinking.  My cousin Phil is so creative, he brought an entire roll of white paper, and rolled it out in the middle of the drive way.  The second he did that every kid grabbed a spot and got to drawing.  It was the most peaceful 30 minutes of the day.  Notice me and Ratty via shadows in the middle.




{My other cousin Tim, known as Timmy from Weymouth, rocking the hula hoop.  Anyone confused yet?}



{Ratty is so good with all the cousins and my nieces.  Here he is playing a little game they like to call 'musical chairs except we just sing and there are enough chairs for everyone.'}



{Abby was obviously over the picture with her favorite Auntie.}



{My brother Ronny, my mom and Me.  Late in the night after a few boxes of wine.}



{Cassie took this photo, I was just listening to her instructions.  Work it!}



{We all needed a little rest after a rousing game of Duck Duck Goose.}



{Me and Eddie.}



{Me and my cousin Alison.}



{Timmy and Becky, the newlyweds.}



{Don't they look so happy?!}



{Matchy matchy Nantucket sweatshirts!}



{And we kicked the last box of white wine.  Sad.  Moved on to the blush.}



{And scene.  Sitting by the bonfire.  Can't wait for next year!} 

4 comments:

  1. You covered the day beautifully Amy, with your pictures! Very nice!!! Lots of love and affection going on down there in Scituate! We are all soooo lucky to have such awesome friends and family!!!!

    Many thanks to Aunt Lisa and Uncle Philip for carrying on such a wonderful Downey Family tradition!! It's no wonder that Labor Day is everyone's favorite holiday ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Happy Labor Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was TONS of fun! I can't believe we are only on Labor Day haha! I love it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sighhhh. I agree Shelby, I need to get going. I have a BUNCH of post written, but of course they are all out of order. I am working on it and hope to be caught up to 'real time' very soon!

    I miss your blogs, it was my way to keep up on your life. I hope everything is great!

    ReplyDelete