101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, May 2, 2011

62. December 21st, 2010 Picture.

I love Christmas shopping, no seriously, I do.  I love coming up with great gift ideas and hunting for the most absolute perfect thing.  I like to think I'm a really great shopper, my mom has even said that next year she is paying me to do all her shopping, because I end up getting awesome gifts for next to nothing.  I bought my nephew Cameron an orange zip up hoodie with a skateboarder graphic on the front and I swear that every single time I've seen him since Christmas, he is wearing it.  My brother said it's the only thing he wears and that it's a struggle to get him to take it off long enough to wash it.  I got it at Old Navy for $6.  I should have bought him 3.

I'm not really one of those people who buys stuff all year long and tucks it away until the holidays.  First off the whole issue of storage would drive me insane, plus I am sure that I would forget what I put aside, eventually finding gifts I like better, and be stuck with wayyy to many things. I like to go out on one, massive shopping expedition and come back with gifts for almost everyone.  I feel very accomplished when I have a lot of shopping bags.  I love shopping bags.  I love carrying shopping bags.  I also love places like TJ Maxx and Old Navy, where I can buy lots of adorable things that don't totally break the bank.  I tend to buy a few extras of things I like, because inevitably, you'll need to throw a gift together at the last minute.  Or at least I do, considering I have the largest family ever.  I made the mistake of not following that rule this year, I bought Cassie fancy sparkily eye shades that she loved, and Abby was beside herself that she didn't get fancy sparkily eye shades to match.  I should have obviously bought multiple pairs, just in case.  She has since received her own fancy sparkily eye shades, so everyone is happy!


Here's a look at my haul.  I had things stacked in the back corner, on my chair, not to mention these bags that completely took over my floor - I bought a lot of stuff!  There were a few things I bought for myself, you know, to keep it all fair.  I bought adorable knitted slippers from Old Navy for my sister in law Christine and niece Amanda, I loved them so much I bought myself a pair.  I even wore them on Christmas, where Amanda asked me no less than 10 times where I bought them.  Little did she know I'd already bought them for her, in her favorite color, pink.  I also bought some extra cookbooks that somehow weren't given away.  I guess I will have to keep the limited edition  Better Homes cookbook for myself.  Twist my arm, why dontcha!

2 comments:

  1. I may have to hire you for my shopping as well. I totally suck at it and I just get frustrated as I search and search for the best gift and then I give up and everyone gets a gift card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love christmas shopping too!!! But I can't say that I ALWAYS get good deals, but I try!

    ReplyDelete