101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, May 23, 2011

62. January 1st, 2011 Picture.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  I knew we'd get here someday!  Finally in the present year, ahhh it feels good, doesn't it?!


So, New Years Day.  What did I do, what ever did I do?  Ah yes, we had a party!  Since Ratty spent Christmas with his family, obviously, my mom had him over so he could celebrate with us.  Plus, since Eddie and Christine spent Christmas day with her family, they didn't get to see Ron, Sybil, Cam or Chloe, so it was the perfect opportunity to have a little party and celebrate Christmas again AND ring in 2011!  Cousin Sue came over, along with a few neighbors and we had a really great time!  We really like spending time together, huh?



{Here we have little Miss Abby dressing Ratty up in a pretty pink bow.  It totally matches his eyes, doesn't it?  I mean, if they were open.  But let's turn the attention back to Abby, she is seriously the cutest.  Notice that she's wearing my Christmas gift.  I can't even handle it, I love her so much!}


{Here we have Abby loving their gift, and Cassie carefully inspecting it.}

After opening some gifts, we had dinner, champagne and a delicious trifle my mom made.  It was layers of lady fingers, crunched up Heath bars, chocolate pudding and whipped cream.  It is seriously so good, we all ate about 10 plates full.

And that would explain the naps we all needed to take and why the kids were so quiet.  My mom soaks the lady fingers in Kahlua, which I've never even noticed before, but this time around it tasted pretty strong.  I'm almost positive we accidentally drugged the children.  And Ratty.


So while the adults laughed, ate trifle and drank champagne [we should honestly have stock in a Vineyard for all the champagne we drink!], all the kids collapsed in the den for some much needed zoning out time.  When all the cousins get together they're crazy, like 'let's play hide and seek and suddenly I'm in the bathtub' crazy, so it's no wonder everyone needed a time out.  I thought it was just so adorable that Abby was using Ratty as a pillow, aren't they all just so cute?!

Ratty eventually emerged from the den, blurry eyed and sleepy.  Too much trifle.  We kept the festivities going, well past midnight, in true Deveau fashion.  The last few standing were myself, Ratty, my mom, my cousin Sue and some neighbors and we were having a great time.  Between Christmas Eve, Christmas, the 'Downey Family Christmas Party' party, the snowy after party at my Uncle Paul's, Jess' New Years Eve/30th Birthday Party AND this New Years Day party, I was pretty partied out, I am sure you can understand why!


{We'll close this out with the cutest picture of the cousins in matching fleeces, a gift from Aunt Sybil and Uncle Ron.  Chloe was beside herself with excitement over the fact that her, Cassie and Abigail all had the same fleece.  Honestly, could they be any cuter?!  The answer is no obviously!}

2 comments:

  1. Oh I loved and still love cousin time! How cute is Ratty with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ratty is great with the kids! And . . . . they LOVE him! If I can recall correctly this was the day that Abigail presented Ratty with a rose and asked him if he would marry her! How cute is that?

    We certainly had a great New Year's Day/evening celebration!

    Love your pictures Amy! Keep up the good work! XO

    ReplyDelete