101 in 1001 Challenge

Saturday, May 28, 2011

62. January 7th, 2011 Picture.

Since I am constantly over Ratty's apartment in the North End, and constantly driving to his apartment in the North End, that means, via the transitive property, or something or other, I am always looking for parking spots in the most congested neighborhood in Boston.  There are rumors, which have scarily become 'facts' to some out there, that there are only 5 visitor spots in the North End. This is FALSE, I know of at least 30.


Thankfully, I am like Magellan when it comes to finding a parking spot, for real, I am.  Erin was the one who gave me this nickname a few years ago.  I always find a parking spot, always!  I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I never, ever give up looking, ever.  I will circle for an hour until I find a parking spot.  Some might find this excessive or stubborn, but I think it's perfectly normal.  Once I set my mind to something, I am not going to give up easily, or at all.  Since I refuse to give up, I know where all the visitor spots are in the North End, and I have carefully crafted routes, the streets where I've had luck with finding parking, followed by the streets that I've never found a spot on.


That being said, on January 7th, 2011, I finally got the elusive spot!  And yes, I call it the elusive spot in conversation.  I drive by this same little 3 spot strip every time I'm on the hunt, but I've never seen a spot free.  Each and every time I pass it, I make sure that I remind Ratty that they're never open, and he always humors me and pretends to be hearing the story for the very first time.  Well, NO MORE my friends!  I finally got the elusive spot.  Yay!  [Golf claps]



{I mean, the photo isn't really all that exciting.  It is after all, just a parking spot.}

1 comment:

  1. haha this was clearly a big win for you!! Soon you will not need to do this though...woohoo to your big move!

    ReplyDelete