101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

62. January 4th, 2011 Picture.

January 4th was a Tuesday and I spent the evening with one of my oldest friends, Maura.  Maura and I met on September 17th [yes we have an anniversary], during our freshman year of high school at Arlington Catholic.  I accosted her that afternoon, because aside from it becoming the day we met, it was also the day I was getting my braces off.  I stormed the library, determined to tell anyone that would listen about how excited I was.  Ah, the mind of a 14 year old is a funny thing.

Maura lives in DC, now the web editor of two military publications.  I have no idea what magazines she works for, gah I am a horrible friend, but in all honesty, military magazines aren't really my niche.  Plus, she JUST got the job, because as of our dinner in January, she was working as a freelance writer in DC, debating every month whether or not to move back home.  So, looks like I'm not that horrible of a friend after all!

Moving on.  Maura was home for the Christmas/New Years holiday, she was heading back to DC the next morning, so we hit up our old haunt for some drinks and catching up.  Myself, Maura and our friend Kerrie used to frequent Davis Square when we all lived at home right after college, so it seemed only fitting that we head back there and check out a new restaurant, Foundry on Elm.


I had taken a picture of our food, but I realized, thanks to Shelby's helpful comments, I am always posting pictures of food!  I am going to try and take more meaningful photos, like, I would have loved to post a picture of me and Maura right now, but unfortunately, I didn't take one.  It's so easy to snap a picture of food, or a drink, or the inside of a restaurant, but I definitely need to step it up and take pictures with actual people in it!

Maura and I spent the night sipping on drinks, munching on appetizer pizzas and chatting all about our lives.  We reminisced about the time Shelby and I traveled to London to visit Maura while she was abroad, our 9 hour walking tour of Paris, spending countless hours on the beach of Maura's summer cottage in Scituate and attending no less than SEVEN 'N Sync concerts during their heyday.  It is always so much fun to catch up with Maura, and even though we don't get to see or talk to each other as often as we'd like, when we do finally get together, it seems as if no time has passed whatsoever.  Isn't that a sign of a good friendship?  We're never at a loss for something to talk about!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no...sorry for being annoying about the food...but seriously I love all the food you talk about!

    OMG that trip to see Maura was sooo fun!

    ReplyDelete