We started off by having a few beers at my apartment, where everyone was staying, and by 'few beers' I mean we did a power hour. Hey, sometimes you just can't shake the sorority girl mentality. We played all our favorite songs from our undergrad days and prepped before heading to The Grand Canal. You may remember this bar from the ridiculousness that was my 27th birthday party. Initially we were going to try Johnny's on the Side, but there was a ridiculous line and a $10 cover. 10 BUCKS! That's insane. Why am I going to pay $10 just to get inside a place, and then have you charge me $6 for a Bud Light bottle. No way Jose.
I personally really like The Grand Canal, mainly because we don't go very often and my friends have yet to get sick of it. The music is always good, there is a dancefloor and cheap beers - a recipe for an awesome time. Which is exactly what we had!
{Erin, Jill and Lana.}
{Jill, Shelby's cousins Jess & Catherine, and Lana.}
{I have no idea why I'm trying to strangle Erin in this picture. I just LOVE HER SO MUCH!}
{Cousins. I'm pretty sure we were all having a great time at this point!}
{I put my hands up in the air sometimes...}
{Aw, cuteness!}
{No idea what is going on here, but it pretty much sums up the night perfectly. Jess is getting down, Shelby is taking pictures of herself and Erin is doing her 'I think I look great but I'm probably drunk' face.}
These are obviously the photos that could make it on the blog. There were lots that just need to be deleted from the face of the earth and will never ever see the light of day. I think it has something to do with the fact that it was mid-January and I was so pale. well am so pale, that I created a white aura around us, ruining all our pictures. I promise I get a tan and can handle flash photography, I just need a good beach day!
We left before last call, mostly because we'd had our fill of dancing and headed back to my apartment to hang out a bit more. Everyone was sleeping over so we pretty much brought the party back to my place, where we could sit on the couch in our warm PJs and slippers. There is something seriously awesome about that. It was a great night out, one that doesn't happen all that often anymore since we all live so far away, and not to mention the fact that Shelby has 2 little girls. It's tough for her to get a night out, but it is always fun when she does!








SO FUN!!!! We need another one ASAP! Love when I show up in the blog!
ReplyDelete