This is a picture of one of my favoritest pictures ever. This is of me and my brother Eddie and was taken in March of 1986 when I was just a wee girl at 2 years old and Eddie was just 20. Look how young we both look! Obviously I look young, you know, because I'm a baby and all. This picture was in the same place in my moms house for most of my life, but got bumped to the kitchen when my mom created my shrine in our den. All my sorority certificates, awards and plaques I garnered during my 4 years in college are brilliantly displayed above my picture with Tim Russert. I'm serious, it's a legit shrine.
I'd be wanting my own copy of this picture for a while, so my mom and I went over to CVS to make some copies and buy a frame. My mom had some older pictures she wanted copies of too, and she was amazed at how quickly we scanned and printed new ones. Isn't technology amazing?
The picture now sits on my bookcase for all to see. My roommate was standing in my door chatting with me, when she saw the picture and asked who was in it. Um, me? When I said that to her, she burst out laughing and could not get over how chubby my cheeks were. Hi, I liked my bottle. Char is not the only one who didn't recognize me as a small child, the first time Ratty ever went to my moms house he took one look at my baby picture and ask my mom who it was. WHO IS IT? Like, are you for real? You're at my house! Who could it possibly be?! He still tries to rationalize it, saying that he didn't know since my mom takes care of so many babies, he just assumed it was a day care kid. There are very few pictures of day care babies at my mom's house, except for some select favorites, and I mean, YOU DATE ME. You honestly had no idea that the multiple baby pictures, in my mom's house no less, were of ME? Good thing I like you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








I love this picture!! My two babies. What would I ever do without you both!
ReplyDeleteI like you too Ratty!
hahahah So cute Amy and VERY foolish of Ratty because this picture couldn't look more like the baby version of you if it tried!
ReplyDeleteI like your brother's puffy hair and flash dance sweatshirt - - and you Mimi were (are) so cute -
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't have guessed that was you in a million years.
ReplyDeleteP.S.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE my shrine in the den!!