Smack in the middle of my birthday week, I had to go to work, boo. It was a bright, cheery Monday afternoon, okay not really, but part of my self awareness is trying to be more positive, so let's just roll with it, shall we? I was casually minding my own business, typing away in my office, when my co-worker came in and told me to get out of the building. I'm sorry, what? She said that we needed to get out because apparently there were some fumes on the 3rd floor that were making people sick. Cool, just another causal Monday evacuation because of toxic fumes, let me grab my bag.
The entire Brookline Fire Department showed up, or at least that is what I felt like, and we were stuck outside for about 20 minutes or so while they assessed the situation. I think it was right about at this point where I thought, I should just go home. Tomorrow is my birthday and I feel like I'm coming down with something, cough cough, I should go home, and stay there tomorrow AND Wednesday just to make sure. I would hate to get anyone else sick with my fictional illness.
Unfortunately, there were no toxic fumes that would require the campus being cleared out for the rest of the week, oh no. A guest of a student had 'accidentally' sprayed pepper spray in the Registrar's office, which caused the entire office and various other people in the hall to complain of shortness of breath and itchy eyes. Seriously? PEPPER SPRAY? I don't even think it's legal in Mass without a license. Plus this kid wasn't even a student, he was a guest of someone. This sounds like a whole bunch of wrong.
We were quickly let back into the building once the fumes had dissipated, much to my dismay. What does it take to get the afternoon off around here?!








No comments:
Post a Comment