101 in 1001 Challenge

Thursday, September 23, 2010

62. August 20th, 2010 Picture.

This one isn't terribly exciting, I apologize.  I was driving down the street, well more like sitting at a dead stop on the street because of traffic, when I saw a huge smoke tower.  Obviously, being completely irrational like I am, I immediately thought a car was on fire.  Then I thought, what if the fire is near the gas tank?!  Where is my closest escape route?!  I am probably going to have to abandon my car in the middle of the street, so let me make sure I have everything in my bag, okay check!  Man that car is REALLY going up in flames, why isn't anyone concerned?


Then, as I inched myself closer, fearing for my immediate safety should the light turn red, I realized it wasn't a car, electrical or gas fire in the middle of the street, it was an NStar truck doing work.  It was steam, no smoke or flames.  I felt kind of stupid, but at least I was being proactive about the idea that there could potentially be danger.  



1 comment: