101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

62. August 25th, 2010 Picture.

I actually ALMOST forgot to take a picture for the 25th.  Almost.  I was laying in bed, trying to drift into a peaceful slumber, when I shot out of bed in a cold panic because I hadn't take a picture for that day.  It was just shy of midnight (I'm a night owl with a deep rooted aspiration to be a morning person), so I knew I was okay in terms of staying true to my goal, but I needed to act quickly.  It was then that I remembered that I had JUST bought new hand soap for my bathroom.  Yes, I promise there is a point.  Promise.  Cross my heart.


Here's my typical routine for choosing any sort of shampoo, soap, detergent, etc.  I stand in the aisle at Target for 10 minutes, smelling every single thing.  I open ever top to every body wash and sniff each one, sometimes multiple times, until I find the perfect scent.  Hi, you've seen how protective and passionate I get about Yankee Candles, so let's just share that enthusiasm with all fabulously scented things.  Fast forward to my most recent Target shopping excursion, and I am smelling all of the Method liquid hand soaps.  I had Pink Grapefruit in my bathroom before, but wanted to mix it up a little bit.  Ratty has Sea Salt in his bathroom, mainly because of my obsession with the ocean and I am slowly taking over every inch of his life without him realizing, so I knew I liked that one, but want to test all the other ones just in case.  After sampling each one, I decided on Waterfall which smelled AMAZING.  I literally wanted to drink it, in a non-suicidal poison control center on speed dial kind of way.  


Because I am dedicated, and when I find something I like I completely go overboard, I went to the Method website to see what other products came in the Waterfall scent.  Maybe some laundry detergent, body wash, room spray.  Whatever they made, I wanted one of everything, maybe even two of everything, so I'd never run out.  Turns out, this scent that I fell head over heels in love with, was a limited edition.  That ended it's run the week before I bought my bottle.  So literally I will never ever see it again.  WHY do people make things in limited editions?!  It is so infuriating to me.  Just when I find something I love, I find out it's not available anymore.  It happened with Storm Watch, but due to my aggressive campaigning was brought back permanently, my favorite Italian Buttercream Coffeemate cream, GONE, Method Waterfall 'limited edition ONLY for Target' dunzo.  This is just one more reason why I should be in charge of everything.  This limited edition stuff would not be happening.



2 comments:

  1. Amy I'd say make an aggressive campaign! I am so lazy I pick up the prettiest bottle and call it a day!

    Bravo to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are running for office to "be in charge of everything," you'll have my vote. I too, cannot stand limited edition anything. I fall in love, and then they take it away, just like that. It's always heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete