101 in 1001 Challenge

Friday, September 24, 2010

62. August 21, 2010 Picture.

August 21st was the wedding day of my high school friend Consuelo and her fiance (now husband) Nick.  They got married at the Goddard Chapel on Tufts University campus, where her parents were married 32 years ago, and the chapel was packed with friends and family.  The ceremony was very sweet, mixing traditional and non-traditional aspects, all while involving their families as much as possible.  I think the best part of the ceremony was when they both stumbled over repeating something from the priest and Consuelo apologizes, but not before yelling out 'Sorry!  First timers up here!'


We stood for the entire ceremony and my feet were NAHT happy.  I think at one point, the priest asked us to stand but never mentioned sitting, so we awkwardly stood, no one wanted to be the first to sit.  Thankfully the ceremony wasn't too too long.  I may have taken my shoes off.  I hope God doesn't mind, but if he saw my shoes, he'd totally understand.

The reception was at the Seaport hotel, which is about 5 minutes down the street from my apartment.  It was actually pretty awesome.  I drove my my friend Kacie and her boyfriend Tom to my apartment from the ceremony, and then we all took a cab over to the hotel.  I love when wedding receptions are convenient.  No stressing about room blocks, or who is going to drive ESPECIALLY when it's open bar all night, or thinking the maid stole your awesome purple shoes when in fact you just left them at the reception site.  Not that I've done that, I mean, since my friend Jenn's wedding.

There was an hour in between the ceremony and the start of the reception, to allow enough time for people to get from one place to another.  Since I lived so close, we were at the hotel in record time, and stopped off at the hotel bar for a drink before the cocktail hour began.  We got 4 nice comfy chairs in the lounge area and settled in to chat it up.  I hadn't seen Kacie in months, she is in Law School at Cornell, and this was the first time I was meeting her boyfriend Tom.  He completely won me over during the cocktail hour where he sang the entire 'Open The Gates and Seize The Day' song from Newsies without even batting an eye or being embarrassed.  It was awesome.


I took a picture of our place card because my dearest friend Erin Rowe has been saving corks for years to do this exact same thing as her place card setting.  Loves.


The food at this wedding was absolutely insane.  This martini glass filled with lobster and shrimp came out before our salads.  We were SO well fed!  Since the dinner was 4 courses, we were at our table for a good chunk of time.  Thankfully it was all my high school friends, and we were RIGHT next to the bar.  It was the most utterly perfect placement ever, it's like Suelo planned it or something.


The group shot of all of us.  Ratty, Me, Tom, Kacie and Cicie.


My dinner was filet with 2 jumbo shrimp.  I was not joking when I said we were really well fed.  I never joke about food.


Kace and Tom on the dancefloor!



This picture cracks me up every time I look at it.  I might be the best.



This may be the only picture in existence where Ratty looks SO much taller than me.  Like, for reals.  Was I sitting?


Me and C.



Ready to party!


Me and Kacie.


Me on the dance floor with the bride and groom.

After the reception, we went back down to the hotel bar where the after party was.  Now when I hear after party, I assume that we are just going to take over the space, but oh no, not at this glam wedding.  Suelo actually rented out the back room at the bar, and had pizzas on every table when we walked in.  I know I had eaten a 4 course meal all of 3 hours before, but after the champagne, wine service, beers and cosmos, I was starving again!  The pizza was so good and the after party was SO much fun.  It kept the partying going until the wee hours and that's exactly how I like it!



I made Kacie and Tom sit through a ridiculous photo shoot at the after party.  This was the nicest one, mainly because it was after I rapid fired 15 other pictures, and they finally were given a second to look nice.


I can actually guess at what I was thinking in this picture.  'Um no, Ratty I don't think that's true, at all.'


Suelo and Nick's wedding was so beautiful and so much fun.  We all had the best time!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks like an AMAZING wedding! I have definitely some of these names in the past!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, you IMMEDIATELY got me with the lobster/shrimp appetizer, followed by filet/shrimp and open bar!! Looks like the best wedding ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun! The food was out of this world, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete