MY BIRTHDAY MY BIRTHDAY MY BIRTHDAY! YAYYYYYY!!!
Okay, enough shouting. August 17th was my real birthday, where I turned 27 years young at 5:17am. Since I love my birthday so so so much and I feel that I should spend the day doing things I love, I called in sick. Because of all the things I love, work doesn't even break the top million. Must have been some residual effects from the pepper spray incident.
Let's give a step by step breakdown of my day, shall we? I woke up, totally on my own without the aid (read: annoyance) of an alarm clock and made myself a nice birthday latte. I had just settled in to watch Gilmore Girls, ABC Family Channel at 11am and 5pm every weekday, when I got a text from Ratty to check Facebook. I went onto his page and saw a picture he had just taken with Stargazer lilies, a coffee and a gift bag on some brick stairs. MY stairs. I ran downstairs and opened the door and saw my little treat set up with Ratty standing next to it. Confusion set in and I began to ask lots of questions. Turns out, Ratty had taken my birthday week OFF from work, and decided to stop over to surprise me. I was TOTALLY surprised and it was so sweet! We grabbed the coffees and went to my room it watch Gilmore Girls and open my present. After a few recent driving debacles where Ratty's directions were less than stellar, he decided it would be a good idea to get me GPS. I drive everywhere, and have about 100 random sets of MapQuest directions in my glove compartment, so this was awesome. It's not something I'd probably ever buy for myself, but it's something that I definitely need and will use.
After a successful morning full of surprises, coffee and Gilmore Girls, I packed myself up and went to sit at the beach with a good book. It was a nice day, but I only stayed for about an hour because I wanted to go home and see my mom. I hung out with her and my little pal Julian before heading back to my apartment to get ready to go out for my birthday dinner.
{Ratty and I started off with cocktails at Bristol Lounge at the Four Seasons. We love this place and more importantly, I love the snack mix they give you. It's so yummy that they typically refill it about 3 times for me everytime I'm there. We had a few pre-dinner drinks, before making our way to Pigalle for dinner.}
{I'd been dying to go to Pigalle for about 3 years. I'd heard phenom things about it, including the chef was a James Beard Award Winner and if you've ever watched Top Chef, you know what a big deal that is!}
{My salad. It had little pieces of fried goat cheese on it and I died. The second I saw it on the menu I knew I had to have it. It did not disappoint!}
{Ratty had made reservations about a week before, and made special arrangements for my birthday. At one point, he got up to go the bathroom and the waiter brought out my creme brule with a candle. The waiter apologized that he brought it out while Ratty gone, but he was concerned that the heat from the kitchen would melt his ice cream. I waited for Ratty to come back before I blew out the candle.}
{Mainly because I wanted him to take a picture. Kidding! Kind of.}
The dinner was fantastic, the food, the drinks, the company. Everything about it was great! After dinner I was so completely full that I asked if we could walk around before grabbing another drink someplace. We walked all through Beacon Hill and over by MGH before deciding to call it a night. The food and drinks completely did me in and I was so tired, which is so unlike me. Man, maybe I am getting old!








Special thanks to Ratty for always being so thoughtful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful celebration and dinner you both enjoyed together.
I loved how you came home to 'see your mom'. Very, very sweet! XO