101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

62. April 21st, 2010 Picture.

Today I bought tickets to see the Kenny Chesney 3D movie next week.  @heyratty so graciously agreed to go with me (he is a closet country music liker).  I have never really seen a real 3D movie, I'm pretty sure that the rides in Disney World don't count, and I am VERY excited.  I love Kenny Chesney, he is one of my absolute all time favorite artists, I've seen him in concert 3 or 4 times now, and each one has been better than the last.  I don't always remember his concerts, they are a little blurry since they're all day fests where you tailgate before AND after the show.  Plus, it's always in the middle of the summer, when it is 97 degrees with no clouds or wind, and you feel like you are melting.  I have to say it is a great time, but it's pure exhaustion.  I've even been known to take a few cat naps in between songs.

I was SO excited to hear that Kenny was making a 3D movie, with footage from 5 different concerts, Boston included.  He is taking a break from touring this summer, I can only imagine how taxing doing a show like that every night all summer long can be.  Next Thursday I'll be in a nice, air conditioned movie theater, with my little 3D glasses, watching Kenny sing all my favorite songs.  I fully intend to be singing along to EVERY one, just like a real concert.  It's next to impossible to not sing along to 'Summertime'.  That is straight up the best summer song ever.  In terms of my favorite Kenny song, that is a tough one.  'Anything But Mine' gives me chills, especially the live version from 'Live Those Songs Again', but Summertime is my perfect windows rolled down sing along song.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a 3D movie either, but this concert should be an interesting one! I bet Bo's head will be in the Boston shots, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep an eye out for Bo's head. Shouldn't be too hard to miss.

    ReplyDelete