Her party was oh so much fun, with her and her little cousins playing dress up, and me and my big cousins watching them with a beer in our hands. She was pretty much the most excited 4 year old I've ever seen. She loves her birthday (almost as much as me and her dad do) and she was thrilled to have us all over for a party. She is flat out obsessed with Barbie, and demanded that she have a Barbie cake, handmade by Christine. When she was opening up a present from her little cousin Eleanor, she took one look at the Barbie in the bag and goes 'oh I already have this one' and asked for another present to open. All the kids are pretty hilarious, especially Julia, my cousin Carolyn's daughter, who would go inside and come out with a new outfit on every time. When she came out in a maroon sparkly tu-tu, her dad told her to stop going in Eddie's closet. My favorite outfit of the day was when she came outside in a jean skirt, and a sheer pink ballet skirt on over her head, wearing it as a cape/poncho/shirt with her little belly hanging out.
I ended up staying at Eddie's house pretty late, 10pm is late for adults with kids! I watched iCarly with Cassie and Abs, french braided Cassie's hair and put her to bed and read her a story. I even had time to chat with the adults about the benefits of the library, what we'd do if we ever won the lottery (my favorite conversation EVER, as I have my plan all mapped out), and how my brother Ronny looked at the Barbie cake a little too adoringly.
Who doesn't love a good candy necklace?! No one, I say.
{My little cousin Ryan}
{Just LOOK at those faces!}
{So excited for presents from Eleanor!}
{Oh, I already have this Barbie. NEXT!}
{I love that Fraggle Rock is still being appreciated.}
And scene!








OMG I love the Fraggle rock doll!!
ReplyDeleteI also can't believe how old Cassie looks and must be! Weird!
Happy Birthday Abby!!