101 in 1001 Challenge

Friday, April 30, 2010

62. April 29th, 2010 Picture.

Keeping in theme with this worldwind week, I headed to the movies on Thursday to see Kenny Chesney in 3D.  I love Kenny Chesney, like, really love.  All his songs are beachy, about love, life and kegs in closets.  It's hard to see why I'd like him, we obviously have nothing in common.  Anyway, before hitting up the movie theather, Ratty and I headed to Fajita's and 'Ritas in Downtown Crossing.  Pre the red line fire.

Ratty is a planner, and he likes to have dinner and drinks before we ever go to the movies, it's a shocker we get along so well.  F+R has been a long standing pre-movie ritual for him, and he has so graciously allowed me to share in his love of Mexican food and sangria.  Okay the sangria might be for me, but whatever.  What I really like about F+R is that white paper as a table cloth on each table, and they give you pens so you can doodle or, my personal favorite, play hangman.  The first time Ratty and I ever went to F+R we played hangman for what seems like an hour.  I think we used every square inch of that table.  So yesterday, obviously I went to start up a game.  (Sometimes we play tic tac toe, but I always win and Ratty has stopped playing with me).  As soon as I grabbed the pen, Ratty goes, 'oh no, not hangman'.  I pretended I didn't hear him and drew the board.  He asked for a hint, because apparently my 6 blank spaces were too vague, so I wrote 'Ratty is a...' and waited for him to fill in the blank.  It took a few tries, but he finally came up with the word, MEANIE.  I couldn't believe he was so ready to cast hangman aside after all these years, so I felt that calling him a meanie was completely necessary. 


On a lighter note, the movie was so awesome.  I have loved Kenny Chesney for years, so I may be biased, but who cares!  It was such a fanastic 'show', and the 3D effects (affects?) made the stadiums and crowds seem absolutely insane.  He sang most of my favorite songs, he has so many he could never sing them all.  According to a review online, the movie was just about 100 minutes long and they crammed in 23 songs.  It did make me a little nostalgic for summer, and I wished I was in the live crowd instead of in a movie theater, but I'll take whatever Kenny I can get.  For the record I sang along to every song, and did not care one single bit.  Ratty might of, but he doesn't count.

1 comment: