101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

62. April 27th, 2010 Picture.

Last night I was watching Top Chef Masters on DVR while drinking some Sam Summers with Ratty (I'm noticing a theme here, anyone else?).  We were discussing how this season has been less than stellar compared to the first one.  This time around, each episode has 2 winners, cutting the season down to only 5 episodes - LAME!  I can understand that the pool of participants for Top Chef Masters is small, there are many more wannabe chefs than successful ones, but come on.  I felt like the first season was just an absolute showcase of talent, where I wanted to travel across the country and eat at every restaurant represented.  Anyone who follows this show knows that Rick Bayless won last year.  He was incredible.  Not only is he extremely talented, but he is also the nicest guy ever, at least on TV he is, and with the miracle of editing that is no easy fete.  I tweeted about him last night (follow me on twitter @amydeveau) saying:  'Watching this weeks #topchefmasters with @HeyRatty and we both feel that NO ONE will ever top @Rick_Bayless.  He is the absolute best!!'  For anyone who doesn't understand Twitter (hi mom!) I basically sent a message to both Ratty and Rick Bayless, by using the @ symbol before their names.  They get a notification that I mentioned them in one of my tweets, but are under no obligation to say anything back.  Frankly, with someone who is famous, you assume that they won't.

Welllllll, I am honored to say that he responded!  Granted it was only a 'thanks' through direct message, but it was still impressive.  He has over 45,000 followers and gets tweeted at constantly I'm sure, but he took a second to thank me for saying something nice about him.  This just confirms my feelings that he is a genuinely great guy.  This is my first celebrity interaction on Twitter and I LOVED it!  So, thanks Rick Bayless for thanking me!  You're welcome.

1 comment: