101 in 1001 Challenge

Friday, April 30, 2010

62. April 28th, 2010 Picture.

This week has been one gigantic blur of fun that has been broken up daily by a pesky thing called 'work'.  I haven't had much of a chance to blog, not even counting the fact that the internet at my apartment has been shaky, at best, all week, sighhhh.  I was hoping to catch up on some serious blog entries this weekend, but once again my social life leaves barely any room for sleep, and let me tell you, that's JUST how I like it!

On Wednesday night I headed over to District for a fundraiser for the New Leaders Council, of which Ratty is a fellow this year.  It was your typical political fellowship fundraiser cocktail party, with Ayanna Pressley, our new City Councilor, as a keynote speaker.  Casual little Wednesday night.  District is one of those swanky VIP bars with the velvet rope and guest list.  You can't just walk in off the street, you need to know someone to get in, so needless to say I've only ever been there twice, both times for fundraisers.

Each and every wall in the place is lined with birch trees.   It's hard to picture, and you'd think you were smack in the middle of a hunting lodge at that description, but it's actually very cool inside.  Black and white damask accents are all over the place and there is no trace of mounted animals on the wall.  I snapped this photo because I thought the wall just looked really different. 

I also know that birch bark is the best bark to use as kindling to start a fire.  Uncle Bill taught me that many summers ago when I was up at his house in Mittersill, NH.  He put me to work and 'let' me walk around his yard collecting all the birch bark I could find.  Did I mention that his house is built into a ski slope?  His yard is REALLY big.  He may have even let me try and chop wood after.  Live free or die.



After the party at District died down, Ralphie and I headed over to Rialto at the Charles Hotel in Harvard Square.  Rialto is owned by Chef Jody Adams, who was competing on Top Chef Masters that night.  She was hosting a viewing party with complimentary apps and drink specials.  Ratty and I were able to get a seat at the bar, where we enjoyed $3 bud lights (which sadly, is a steal!) and shared the most ridiculous burger I've ever had.  It was covered in mozzarella and crispy prosciutto.  My mouth is still watering at the thought of it.  I'm going to need to go back SUPER soon and order my own, none of this sharing business.  Jody ended up winning the Quickfire competition and is now going to compete in the finale.  I'm thinking there needs to be a repeat of this night next week for that episode.

OH, and Rialto (@rialto02138) thanked me via Twitter for coming to the party.  You are welcome Rialto, I was unsure if my busy calendar would allow me to make an appearance, but thankfully it did, and it was a win-win for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I envy all of the cool things you and Ratty get to do!

    ReplyDelete