This fantastic restaurant in the North End, Prezza, does a special on Wednesday nights, where you can get their famous spaghetti and meatballs for $6. Since the 11th was Veterans Day, Ratty and I thought it would be a great night to get a seat at the bar, check out the special and have a few glasses of wine. We got 2 seats right away and went about ordering drinks. Now, I love fig, love it. I love fig jam on cheese, pizza, in sandwiches, you name it I’ll eat it, so the fig martini seemed like an obvious choice. The first few sips were really great, it was nice and chilled, so it seemed pretty refreshing. It unfortunately got sweeter the more I drank so by the end I was on the verge of diabetic shock. Thankfully the drink had a skewer of blue cheese stuffed figs in it, which really cut the sweetness.
After enjoying our martinis, we talked to the waitress about the special. She was under the impression that the $6 special was something that they only did from 5-7pm, which was a little bit discouraging. Ratty told me that he had seen the owner Tweet that it was available all night, so I suggested he go ask the manager. Prezza is in the upper upper tier of restaurants in the North End, so the thought of having to pay for a full price entree was not the type of 'cheap date night' we had planned. After a quick discussion with the manager, it was all cleared up, the special did run all night, so we were free to order our dinners.
Let me tell you, they did not disappoint. It was so yummy, and the absolutely perfect size. Granted, I could have eaten another entire bowl full, but that would have been excessive, unnecessary and probably kind of disgusting. Ratty loved it as well and we even joked with the manager about how he may have new Wednesday regulars. We stuck around for a few more glasses of wine (no more fig martinis for me!) before calling it a night and heading home with full bellies.
Let me tell you, they did not disappoint. It was so yummy, and the absolutely perfect size. Granted, I could have eaten another entire bowl full, but that would have been excessive, unnecessary and probably kind of disgusting. Ratty loved it as well and we even joked with the manager about how he may have new Wednesday regulars. We stuck around for a few more glasses of wine (no more fig martinis for me!) before calling it a night and heading home with full bellies.








ok and now I am hungry...
ReplyDelete