So, this probably comes as no surprise to any of my loyal readers, but I am kinda obsessed with parking, parking spaces and anything Boston/car related. They just upped the price of meters and made it so much less customer friendly. 25 cents for 12 minutes, but they don’t take nickels or dimes, so you are forced to find 10 quarters for 2 hours of parking, and even then you are overpaying. Do they NOT want people driving into the city?! It’s is so stupid and I am mentally penning my angry letter to the mayor at this very moment.
Anyway, one of my ultimate pet peeves is when people take up 2 viable spots with their car. It happens sometimes, people leave their car in the same spot for the entire week while all the other cars keep moving around it, ultimately messing up the fine balance that is city parking. I’ve come out after not using my car for a few days and said to myself, okay I swear I was parked normally when I left it, I would NEVER park like that on purpose – I look like such a jerk! This is why the city should paint lines on the street. I’ve been saying this for YEARS. If they made parking spot lines on the streets (paint them on street cleaning days), then no matter how many cars come and go, everyone would still be parked in neat little spots that maximized the very scarce amount viable parking spots. Our friend Kevin took my idea a step further and said that people parked outside of these lines should be ticketed. I like your style, Kev.








Parking is totally ridiculous....I don't know how you guys survive!
ReplyDelete